For people to maintain our common sense,
we must acknowledge the continuity
from those that died a long time ago to those not yet born.
A time dimension necessary for all spiritual life. 1
Solving today’s problems,
can’t be done without providing sustainable solutions.
We need to know if there’s a future.
How are we supposed to accept migrants,
when our own people are unemployed?
Can we say no to the poor desperate, escaping death?
I doubt that anyone could stand on the shore,
greeting a ship with migrants,
saying, ‘sorry folks, we can’t let you in.’
While knowing that the ship, with people, will sink.
Our main problem today,
is the lack of real decisions for the future
while migrants are drowning boat after boat in the seas.
There’s no time line.
There’s no time.
- ’För att människor ska kunna behålla sitt sunda förnuft måste de erkänna en kontinuitet mellan dem som för sedan länge dött och dem som ännu inte fötts. De rikare samhällena fråntas i allt större omfattning en tidsdimension som är nödvändig för allt andligt liv.’ Arundhati Roy, The Algebra of Infinite Justice. Translated into Swedish, Ordfront Stockholm 2003.
Free translation from Swedish by blog author.
‘Un reroute the rivers
Let the dammed water be
There’s some people down the way that’s thirsty
Let the liquid spirit free
The people are thirsty
Cause of man’s unnatural hand
Watch what happens when the people catch wind
When the water hits the banks of that hard dry land’
Lyrics from a great song by Gregory Porter.
Steam rising to the skies, falling down like rain,
Onto hard dried deforested land.
one day at a time
a thief in a library
What is a thief doing in a library? Hem is reading a book.
Why is a thief stealing things? Hem has no money.
Why doesn’t hem have money? Hem has no job.
Why doesn’t hem have a job? Hem has no education.
Why isn’t hem at school? Hem has no money.
What is a thief doing in a library?
A haiku about human conditions.
And how taking a little bit of time, asking Why?
Holiday in Greece
Could a national discount on this year’s holiday,
save Greece from bankruptcy?
Understanding the issues of big cities with slums, finding solutions.
My name is Mikael Zych
I’m a bohemian with a Fine Arts Degree in Photography,
a surfer, runner and a poet
A soul with a spirit
This is my blog.
There is one decision,
the EU Governments need to make for the UN Paris Summit 2015:
EU hereby declares that we will no longer use fossils as driving fuel for cars, ships and trucks. The decision is made, transition period 15 years. (1)
The challenge is life in balance with Earth’s Eco-system, using existing technology (2) in an industry already creating many jobs. (3)
2030-2050: We could completely replace our energy production with renewables, making EU a Self-Sustainable powerhouse. The interconnected electricity grid (4) would provide EU with domestic production and export to the new markets of the developing world, based on a foundation of Shared wealth. (5)
(1) Here is an example of a synergy effect, making just one decision:
If the car industry would go over from oil to water, a global reduction of CO2 emissions would take place. Also improving the expansion of Airlines: If aviation invested in CETO, providing energy from the Ocean. This could irrigate soil for the production of food and biofuel, while improving the lives of poor farmers in developing nations. Assuming a growing tourism industry, since more people living and earning money, could mean more holidays. Cooperating with the airlines, nanoFlowcell could invest in CETO, if for example adjusted for the production of ionic liquid, providing cars for the new market in the growing economy. Urban Sprawl, thefridayblog.com
(2) The Equation, thefridayblog.com: nanoFlowcell (nanoflowcell.com) and CETO (carnegiewave.com/ceto-technology) would unleash the Sustainable development globally, offering great prospects for unlimited electricity and fresh water.
(3) General Election Manifesto 2015, Securing our renewable energy future, June 2014, RenewableUK.com. ‘Powering economic growth. Wind, wave and tidal power currently provide employment for 34,500 people in the UK, creating 70,000 more jobs until 2030.’
(4) DIRECTIVE 2009/28/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 23 April 2009 on the promotion of the use of energy from renewable sources and amending and subsequently repealing Directives 2001/77/EC and 2003/30/EC. (59) ‘Interconnection among countries facilitates integration of electricity from renewable energy sources. Besides smoothing out variability, interconnection can reduce balancing costs, encourage true competition bringing about lower prices, and support the development of networks.’
(5) The investments would develop on a course of 15 + 20 + 50 years. Development of Water, Sanitation and Renewable Energy. (The Share)